Wanaka squash club newsletter 24 Nov 2016
Online booking system: This is now up and running, and the old paper book has been retired. Get into the habit of booking online and it will soon seem very easy and convenientJ. Go to http://squashp.wanaka-online.co.nz/login If you get stuck go to the FAQs page or see the instructions you were emailed on 19 Oct from info@wanakasquash.
The final summer league is in progress and going well. There will be a break over Christmas and January then we hope to kick off again in Feb/March.
Working Bee 4th Dec 2-6pm. Followed by end of year BBQ for all members- even if you don’t make it to the working bee you are welcome to come along to the BBQ and bring families. Some sausages/bread provided, please bring a plate.
The working bee is your chance to get $100 credit against your subs next year if you haven’t already achieved this. We will be cleaning the court walls, and general clean up inside and out.
Discounted squash rackets. $100 off!! We have purchased 25 rackets at $100 discount (due to a wholesaler closing up) and will sell these to members at cost. There are 3 types, all Black Knight brand. The Martin Knight NZ fern for $120, the Ion at $130 and the Quicksilver at $140. These are all top rackets that usually retail from$230-$260 and are a great deal. First in: Contact Keith 0210695884
Wanaka Squash Club clothing. Still just a few items available- see below, contact Pip 0274331580
Club Clothing Still Available
Ladies Pace Hoodie $75
1 x small
Mens Pace Hoodie $75
1 x Large
2 x XLarge
Mens Polo (with Collar) $35
3 x Medium
Ladies Singlet $30
1 x Size 16
1 x Size 14
Ladies/Girls Skort $35
1 x Girls Size 4
1 x Girls Size 6
1 x Ladies Size Medium
Central Otago Champs 2016 - Cromwell 4&5th of August
Hello Club members,
We have an amazing opportunity coming up next month to host Nick Mita who is a top National Squash Coach.
He is spending the day in Wanaka on Thursday 11th August.
What we need from you...
- to let us know if you are interested in having some coaching ASAP
- let us know what time of the day best suits you (no guarantee sorry!)
- let us know if you prefer a small group session or a one on one
We don't have prices yet but as soon as we know we will let you know.
Contact: Keith Murray – 0210 695 884 or Gillian Stuart- 021 929 590 or
Hannah Chisholm – 0273 237 010
Wanaka Squash Club Newsletter 18 June 2016
- Door entry and light reader. The door entry and light reader has finally been fixed. However all key fobs need to be reprogrammed or they will not work. From Thurs 23 June the front door will be locked again and you will need a reprogrammed key fob to get in and to switch on the lights which will go back on the timer (lights will still be free). Put your key fob in the red Cookie time bucket at the club and you will get a good one back from Jeanette. You obviously need to have paid your subs first. If you can’t get in during the day because you haven’t got organised this, Jeff Bruns has kindly said he will help if he is around, 021466024 , or see Helen at Kaleidoscope at 44 Helwick St.
- Coaching: Ladies coaching with Gillian and Hannah is on Sunday nights and is proving very successful. Contact Gillian 021929590. Simon Douglas is collecting names for men’s coaching which will be on Thursday evenings. 0273075087
- With the new TV we will be playing some of the big rugby games at the club over the winter, come down and check it out
- EFTPOS: Take your plastic card to use at the bar, we are doing away with cash, thanks.
- Use a water bottles: No more paper cups will be provided. Take a water bottle to fill up from the water cooler.
- Wanaka Club Shirts: We are organising some smart Wanaka Squash Club shirts, contact Pip if you are interested. 0274331580
- Online booking system: We are planning to set up an online booking system in the near future. In the meantime keep using the book outside the club to ensure your spot.
- Business House: Business House will start in about 6 weeks once interclub has finished. The idea is to introduce new people to squash and have a fun social evening. Still room for 2-3 more teams, contact Jeff Limmer. 0274977476
- Club League games continue on Mondays and Tuesdays. Interclub on Wednesdays
- QB Tournament: Great Job everyone! This was our biggest tournament ever, with 140 entries. Some fantastic squash was played with lots of close battles making for good spectating. Special thanks to Jeff Limmer for organising a great event, to his two right hand ladies Pip and Hannah, and to the rest of the committee for pitching in. Many members also helped in various ways, we fed 70+ people on the Sunday night, and lots of you very kindly provided dishes to help with the catering, so thankyou everyone; a great time was had by all. We couldn’t have done it without all our sponsors. The local business community have been very supportive and we would like to acknowledge everyone who kindly contributed to the event. Please support our sponsors when you are out and about- they are supporting us.
- Flooring Xtra- our naming sponsor. Thanks Cyril.
- Cut Above Carpet
- Jeff Limmer Electrical
- Cardrona Hotel
- Stonewood Homes
- Wanaka Pharmacy
- Rippon Wines
- Central Lakes Physiotherapy
- Aspiring Law
- Video Ezy
- Wanaka Liquor Centre
- Lone Star
- North Face
- Base Camp
- Pembroke Wines
- Head Rackets
Congratulations to all the winners in the Queen’s Birthday Tournament, lots of Wanaka names here we’re happy to see:
- Men’s Open 1 Shaun Madden 2 ReganMcNaughton 3 Caleb Madden
- Plate Carl Johnston, Special Plate Nick Burns, Consolation Plate Jeff Bruns.
- Women’s Open 1 Emily Flett 2 Hannah Chisholm
- Plate Tracey Clarke, Special Plate Stephanie Chambers, Consolation Plate Lyndal Askin.
- Men’s A 1 James Baker 2 Kyle Cameron 3 Chris Wallis
- Plate Tom Gillespie, Special Plate Jono Shaw, Consolation Plate Josh Thomas.
- Men’s B 1 Brad Watson 2 Nigel Lock
- Plate Abe Taucher, Special Plate Rodney Fairbrass, Consolation Plate Kieran Drake.
- Men’s C 1 Pete Eastwood 2 Chris Young
- Plate Hamish Menlove, Special Plate Peter Bond, Consolation Plate Paul Burke.
- Men’s D 1 Eddie Crowe 2 Hugh Derham
- Plate Lucas Rosa, Special Plate Simon Douglas, Consolation Plate Fraser Reid.
- Men’s E 1 Nick Hishon 2 Cody Pickles
- Plate Ronnie Kennedy, Special Plate Callum McCullough, Consolation Plate Tyron Adams.
- Men’s F 1 Kenny Moore 2 Sam Edge
- Plate Josh Moore, Special Plate Jake Stewart, Consolation Plate Ben Sutton.
- Men’s G 1 Andrew Bull 2 ReubenHorne
- Women’s A 1 Rangi Clarke 2 Zoey Watt
- Plate Martha Toghill, Special Plate Amanda Gauld, Consolation Plate Marcelle Moore.
- Women’s B 1 Jeanette Toghill 2 Jess Moore
- Plate Ella McDonald, Special Plate Bianca Malcolm, Consolation Plate Colleen Parkhill-Burke.
- Women’s C 1 Hilary Boyes 2 Andrea Warburton
- Plate Bonnie Parsons, Special Plate Sam Dolan, Consolation Plate Laura Moore.
- Women’s D 1 Jordannah Thomas 2 Holly Taucher
- Plate Sarah McFie, Special Plate Gill Frew, Consolation Plate Vanessa Williams.
- Women’s E 1 Rebecca Collins 2 Netta Wilton
- Plate Amanda Edge, Special Plate Jessica Kennedy, Consolation Plate Penny Cowley.
Page 7 of 10