Winter League 2017 has come to an end with the following results.
- Top Team was Odin with 6 out of 7 matches - runner up was Loki winning 5 matches
- Top Individual was Bruce Steenson with 316 points without dropping a game. Runner up was Jordan Byrne with 395 points, 7 matches and only dropping 7 games.
- Division winners and runners up were:
|Division 01||Division 02||Division 03||Division 04||Division 05|
|Place||Player||Matches Won||Player||Matches Won||Player||Matches Won||Player||Matches Won||Player||Matches Won|
|1st||Dan Goodall (Váli)||6||Jordon Byrne (Loki)||7||James Kingscote (Tyr)||5||Bruce Steenson (Ēostre)||7||Pete Spencer-Bower (Thor)||6|
|2nd||Pablo Soriano (Loki)||6||Jon Gass (Ēostre)||6||Gillian Stuart (Odin)||4||Paul Johnson (Odin)||5||Michael Noone (Tyr)||5|
The Wanaka Squash Club is having open nights from the 10th of April on Monday and Tuesday from 18:00-19:00 until the end of the month. Come on down and give it a go if you'd like to try it or get back into it for 2017. You should wear non-marking shoes and bring a racket if you have one. Otherwise the club can provide. It's free and family friendly. The bar will be open for when you work up a thirst
Last year we were fortunate to have Nick Mita come to Wanaka to provide some one on one and group coaching sessions, and a number of members took advantage of this and found it very useful.
Nick is coming to Wanaka again on Monday May 1st. Private lessons $50 for 45 minutes. Group lessons $30 each for two people for one hour, $20 each for three people for one hour. This is very good value and you will get a lot out of it whether you're a beginner or an expert. A session with Nick will get your season humming and you will enjoy your squash even more than ever.
Please text Hannah if you are interested. 0273237010 Please state your preferred time of day and number in your group (or one on one)
- Entry Fee: $30.00 - Includes platters Saturday night (To be paid before you play 1st game)
- EFTPOS Available
- Locals may be required to play Thursday night.
- Mark and ref the game immediately after your own.
- PAR (point-a-rally) scoring.
- Mixed grades may apply depending on entries
- apart from the Men’s & Women’s ‘A’ Grade.
- Divisions of 8 (3 games max).
The Wanaka Squash Club is having open nights from the 13th of February on Monday and Tuesday from 18:00 until the end of the month.
Come on down and give it a go if you'd like to try it or get back into it for 2017.
Page 6 of 10